Provenance


Provenance Food Hall and Restaurant sits on Market Street in Westhoughton, and has always boasted an impressive food hall of local fresh meats, pies, produce and the like, but also has an upstairs restaurant which I've never been to before, so whilst in Westhoughton I thought I'd pop in for some breakfast.


The restaurant area is on a first floor mezzanine level, looking down over parts of the food hall like a minstrels gallery. It's decorated in bright and fresh neutral colours, grounded by a natural wooden floor. Light cascades in through sash windows on two walls. Glimpses through cut-outs in the walls show further seating areas, for use in the full restaurant of an evening.

I took a menu from the bar and had a read. The breakfast offerings look good, but as I read the menu I realise that the rest of the menu looks superb too! Steak nights, grill nights, Afternoon Teas and all sorts of other tempting things. I already decide before ordering that I must come again to the "proper" restaurant in an evening.


I decided to order sourdough toast with whipped butter and marmalade, and a pot of Birchall's English Breakfast Tea, and was told to take a seat anywhere I like and it'd be brought over. I chose to sit by one of the sash windows and look down out over Market Street. Even seated I can see the fine quality finish on everything in this venue; the restaurant is the same quality and fit as the downstairs foodhall, meaning everything is spotless, modern, and pleasant. The staff upstairs seem to be as friendly and helpful as the staff downstairs too. It all feels very professional, whilst still very friendly.


I observe other visitors who join after me, a mother and her children enjoying breakfast, some ladies-who-lunch ordering eggs benedict, and two young girls ordering soft drinks. It's nice to see that there's a mix of customers.



My breakfast arrives, beautifully presented, but to be honest I wouldn't have expected any less from Provenance from what I've seen. The Fairtrade tea is delicious, and the sourdough toast has a superb crunch to it, the butter and marmalade both being of good quality, meaning you feel a bit spoilt for your breakfast, which can never be a bad thing.

It was a very tasty breakfast, and cost less than four quid. Brilliant.

Great place, and I can see that the quality and service are priority here, so I look forward to returning to try the evening menu sometime, and was already advised by another staff member to book in advance due to popularity!




Provenance Food Hall & Restaurant
46-48 Market Street
Westhoughton
Bolton
BL5 3AZ
01942 812 398
http://www.provenancerestaurant.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.